Some Exciting Book News to Share!!

The Love Letter by Raimundo de Madrazo y Garreta, 19th Century.

My Dear Readers,

Last week, I got some exciting news which I’ve been dying to share with all of you.  Alas, my literary agent advised me not to say a word until the ink on the contracts was dry.  Well, today the ink is officially dry and I can finally tell you all that I have signed a multi-book deal with Pen and Sword Books (UK)!

My first non-fiction book, titled The Pug Who Bit Napoleon and Other Animal Tales from the 18th and 19th Centuries, will be published as a hardback and filled with lots of fabulous animal stories and illustrations.  You can expect it in late 2017!

My next non-fiction book will be A Victorian Lady’s Guide to Fashion and Beauty.  This will be published in 2018 and will—as the title suggests—include lots of 19th century advice on women’s fashion and beauty, including hair care, cosmetics, and perfume.

After the first two books, I’m hoping to have time to write A Victorian Lady’s Guide to Courtship and Marriage.  We’ll see what happens.  As for my 19th century historical romances, I should have more good news to share with you soon.  I will post an update as soon as I am at liberty to share.

In the meanwhile, I want to thank each and every one of you who have taken the time to read my articles.  Your comments and kind email messages mean more to me than I can say.  In the near future, I hope to organize a proper author newsletter for you all with contests, giveaways, and other goodies.  Stay tuned!

62 thoughts on “Some Exciting Book News to Share!!

1. rshepherd1964 says:

Congratulations! I look forward to reading your books as soon as they’re available. If only you were also writing a book about Victorian men’s fashions. As far as I know there isn’t a single current title available on the subject.

2. debbierodgers @Exurbanis says:

Not being a wordsmith, I can’t come up with congratulatory phrases which have not been used by others in these comments. So – wonderful, fantastic news! Congratulations! And, yes, I’m looking forward to getting myself a copy, especially of the 2nd and 3rd books. 🙂

3. J.B. says:

Congratulations! Besides enjoying your articles, I’ve greatly admired your diligence in producing them—which has apparently stood you in good stead. Wishing you all the best.

4. 19thcenturylady says:

I am SO EXCITED for you, Mimi !! You must let us know as soon as the books come up for pre order because I will be the very first to put my order in! I have so enjoyed your posts about animals and I thought to myself “She needs to put these in a book!” Someone very smart snatched you and wonderful work up and now we can have it for our very own! Congratulations, Mimi ! You deserve every bit of success coming to you and more for all of your hard work!

Aw thanks 🙂 Your comment brought tears to my eyes. It means so much that you’ve enjoyed my animal articles. I do love writing about fashion and all things 19th century, but animal history is closest to my heart. I will keep you updated on the book!

5. Alexandria Szeman (@Alexandria_SZ) says:

Brava, my dear Mimi, and heartiest congratulations. I suspected that your fine blog posts would become a book one day, but for them to become more than one book… Fantastic. So proud of you. So very happy for you. I can hardly wait till they’re out. Please be sure to keep us informed. These are books I most definitely want in my library.
    Hugs and kisses, my dear one,
    Alexandria

6. Alexandria Szeman (@Alexandria_SZ) says:

Congratulations, my dear Mimi! and Brava for a job well done, with a well deserved reward. I always thought you had at least one book on your blog site, and now we see that you have multiple books. So happy for you. So proud of you. Please keep us informed: these are definitely books I want in my library.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Alexandria

7. Sarah says:

Congratulations Mimi! That is fantastic news and so well deserved. I always look forward to reading your fascinating and often hilarious posts, so I’ve no doubt your books will be a roaring success! 🙂

8. Noirfifre says:

I have no doubt based on your citation guidelines that ‘A Victorian Lady’s Guide to Fashion and Beauty’ could be used as an educational text. I do not know you personally but I like your style of writing from the first article I came across and I tremendously happy and proud of your upcoming achievements. I am hoping to get my hand on at least one of your hardcopy books although miles away from viable bookstores hurts my need to purchase many exciting works by WordPress folks. I am especially looking forward to the historical romances because they are my favourite genre. Long story short, Cheer :).

9. Heather van Woerden says:

Oh boy, I can not wait for all the above but especially the latter one…and yes, please courtship and marriage!!! Congratulations!